BIRD 2.0.8

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Mon Apr 12 15:17:51 CEST 2021

Hello,

On 4/10/21 3:09 PM, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, den 10.04.2021, 11:56 +0200 schrieb Vincent Bernat:
>>  ❦ 10 avril 2021 11:00 +02, Kees Meijs | Nefos:
>>
>>> Over the weekend I'll try to further prepare a .dsc that gets through
>>> lintian.
>>>
>>> Formally only packages (and versions) in testing are allowed in
>>> Backports. That is: 2.0.7-4.1 and not 2.0.8.
>> You can still upload 2.0.8 in unstable. Add autopkgtest to be allowed to
>> migrate. The hard freeze has not been announced yet. Maybe upstream can
>> tell us if they would prefer a 2.0.7 or a 2.0.8 to be in Debian for 3 to
>> 5 years.
> Please don't upload 2.0.8 to unstable at this point. Debian is in hard
> freeze. Only small, targeted fixes should be uploaded to unstable now.
> See https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html
Yay, I interpreted the policy correctly \o/
> You can prepare the new version and upload to experimental if you want.
Now that is a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I
used experimental for knot 2.x -> 3.x migration and it was nice so I'll
push my 2.0.8 changes into experimental shortly if I have rights to do that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Cheers,
Jakub 📦