BIRD 2.0.8

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Mon Apr 12 16:08:29 CEST 2021

On 4/12/21 3:17 PM, Jakub Ružička wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 4/10/21 3:09 PM, Benjamin Drung wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am Samstag, den 10.04.2021, 11:56 +0200 schrieb Vincent Bernat:
>>>  ❦ 10 avril 2021 11:00 +02, Kees Meijs | Nefos:

>>> You can still upload 2.0.8 in unstable. Add autopkgtest to be allowed to
>>> migrate. The hard freeze has not been announced yet. Maybe upstream can
>>> tell us if they would prefer a 2.0.7 or a 2.0.8 to be in Debian for 3 to
>>> 5 years.
>> Please don't upload 2.0.8 to unstable at this point. Debian is in hard
>> freeze. Only small, targeted fixes should be uploaded to unstable now.
>> See https://release.debian.org/bullseye/freeze_policy.html
> Yay, I interpreted the policy correctly \o/
>> You can prepare the new version and upload to experimental if you want.
> Now that is a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I
> used experimental for knot 2.x -> 3.x migration and it was nice so I'll
> push my 2.0.8 changes into experimental shortly if I have rights to do that.
I don't have permissions to push into bird2 [salsa].

[salsa]: https://salsa.debian.org/debian/bird2

Ondřej agreed to me taking over bird Maintenance but he didn't give me
salsa permissions and didn't respond to further emails 🤔

Maybe Benjamin or Vincent have the superpowers to add me or know how I
should proceed?

My salsa account is [jruzicka], debian username jru.

[jruzicka]: https://salsa.debian.org/jruzicka

Cheers,
Jakub 📦