BIRD 2.0.8

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Apr 9 05:12:05 CEST 2021

On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 04:55:15AM +0200, Jakub Ružička wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been recently tasked with updating Debian and Ubuntu bird packages
> and I'm probably going to maintain all bird packaging (including Debian
> downstream) from now on as I do with Knot DNS and Knot Resolver packages

Hello

Welcome. That is great, hopefully we will have more streamlined process
with new packages. What do you think about moving some Debian (and other
distros') package-related data (e.g. debian/* files) from downstream
(e.g. salsa.debian.org) directly to our bird git repository? Seems to
me that if upstream (we) also publishes Debian packages, it would make
sense these packages should be buildable using just data from upstream.