BIRD 2.0.8

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Fri Apr 9 10:56:15 CEST 2021

I think that's a great idea and in fact I've been working on an
integration with apkg the automation packaging tool I'm developing in
order to allow easy packaging - you can see the changes here in my branch:

https://gitlab.nic.cz/jruzicka/bird/-/tree/apkg

A single new distro/ directory includes:

* distro/pkg/deb: .deb package template from Debian
* distro/pkg/rpm: rpm package template from Fedora
* distro/script/make-obs.sh: use apkg to create OBS source package

With these changes (not final) as well as some apkg fixes related to
bird vs bird2 anyone will be able to build packages directly from
project repo as well as from project archives(tarblls) with a simple
command:

    apkg build

You can see more info about apkg in docs:

https://apkg.rtfd.io

I don't want to hype that before it's complete but is should be fairly
sweet.

Cheers,
Jakub Ružička