Exact Definition of numbers-match bitmask-match and fragmentation-type

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Apr 7 03:41:36 CEST 2021

On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 07:26:39PM -0400, Matt Corallo wrote:
> Hmm, actually, I take that back, sorting them would require re-serializing
> the wire format, which I've thus far entirely avoided. I suppose I could
> drop the whole birdc thing, spin up a BGP daemon and use that, but that's a
> lot more work. Is there an easy way/patch to get birdc to output flowspec
> rules sorted according to the RFC?

I see the issue. BIRD does not implement this sorting as it is just for
flowspec rule execution (i.e. configuring firewall), it is not used in
BGP session. You could perhaps patch BIRD to do that by adding a mode to
'show route' command that would copy all routes to a buffer, do qsort()
on that, and then send them to birdc. We do not do that for regular
routes, but it could be a reasonable approach for flowspec routes (as
i would expect there is much lower number of them).