Bird exporter

Irene Lalioti irene.lalioti at restena.lu
Mon Jan 13 14:37:51 CET 2020

Hello guys!

I would like to ask you, if anyone of you has deployed bird_exporter for
Prometheus metrics to Grafana dashboard?

https://github.com/czerwonk/bird_exporter

I have setup Grafana dashboards to visualize the metrics Prometheus
collects. I have imported the Dashboard for the bird from github.

Now I am not sure how to orchestrate the bird_exporter into the bird
config, other than :

1.  timeformat protocol iso long;

2.
bird_protocol_prefix_import_count{name="bgp1",proto="BGP",ip_version="4"}
600000
bird_protocol_prefix_import_count{name="bgp1",proto="BGP",ip_version="6"}
50000
bird_ospfv3_running{name="ospf1"} 1

as instructed in the doc.

My bird is 2.0.7.