bird 2.0.7 crashes with OSPF

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jan 14 16:51:52 CET 2020

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 12:25:17PM +0000, Kenth Eriksson wrote:
> On Sun, 2019-12-22 at 16:57 +0100, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Does not crash to me. Could you get core dump (running bird with ulimit
> > > -c unlimited) and send it to me?
> >

> Is this issue analyzed and resolved?

Hi

Not really, it was compiled on Alpine with musl libc and with stripped
debug symbols, so i cannot get reasonable backtrace from that, and then
forgot about that during holidays.

Considering it is triggered in by 'show ospf topology/state', it may
be issue there, probably related to big stack allocations there (which
should be changed to some linpool allocations).

Now i did a quick search that musl changed default stack size to 128 kB,
so that is possibly to be hit in that code.