Bird exporter

Irene Lalioti irene.lalioti at restena.lu
Thu Jan 16 09:52:28 CET 2020

Hello Tim,

Thanks for your answer. Initially I did not use go to install it. Maybe
this is the problem, I guess. My question is how you run it? you just
have to run bird or ? In which port is the web server available? 6502? I
have installed the bird watcher as well which is python. Do I need the
golang necessarily ?

So far I get connection refused when I try

|wget https://dl.google.com/go/go1.13.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz|

On 1/14/20 11:52 PM, Tim Meusel wrote:
> Hi Irene,
>
> I use the bird exporter, but I'm not sure if I understood your question.
> The only thing I needed to configure in the config tog work was the
> timeformat setting you already mentioned. Also the three metrics you
> posted look correct?
>
> Cheers, Tim
>
> On 13.01.20 14:37, Irene Lalioti wrote:
>> Hello guys!
>>
>> I would like to ask you, if anyone of you has deployed bird_exporter for
>> Prometheus metrics to Grafana dashboard?
>>
>> https://github.com/czerwonk/bird_exporter
>>
>> I have setup Grafana dashboards to visualize the metrics Prometheus
>> collects. I have imported the Dashboard for the bird from github.
>>
>> Now I am not sure how to orchestrate the bird_exporter into the bird
>> config, other than :
>>
>> 1.  timeformat protocol iso long;
>>
>> 2.
>> bird_protocol_prefix_import_count{name="bgp1",proto="BGP",ip_version="4"}
>> 600000
>> bird_protocol_prefix_import_count{name="bgp1",proto="BGP",ip_version="6"}
>> 50000
>> bird_ospfv3_running{name="ospf1"} 1
>>

>> as instructed in the doc.
>>
>> My bird is 2.0.7.