Incomprehensible error concerning identical babel config for bird and bird6 (bird-v1.6.4 on ubuntu18.04.1)

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Nov 14 03:10:36 CET 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 10:11:58PM +0100, Christoffer Hansen wrote:
> Hi Maria,
>
> On 13/11/2018 21:29, Maria Jan Matějka wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, in version 2 you may use the dual stack babel protocol. Feel free to try it and report any bug please.
>
> Wish I could.
>
> Tried compiling the bird-master from git tree on ubuntu 18.04.1. But had
> to many issue with packages missing or errors encountered during
> compiling. I decided to just stick with 1.6.4 with trying to compile
> from git master or 2.0.2 git tag.
>
> Q: Do you have any recommendations in regards to compiling either *)
> bird git master branch or *) bird git tag 2.0.2 ? on Ubuntu or Debian?
> (I am thinking about published blog posts or similar written texts)

Hi

I don't know about Ubuntu, but on Debian it is straightforward (although
note that main devel branch is called 'int-new', while 'master' is still
1.6.x branch), you just need basic devel environment (build-essential
package), libreadline-dev, autoconf, bison, flex, and git. With that just:

  git clone https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/labs/bird.git
  cd bird
  git checkout int-new
  autoreconf