Route matching filter not exported

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Fri May 17 19:10:21 CEST 2024

I've a question to the list in regards to iBGP behaviour:

- the router in question imports all routes with a bgp_local_pref of 50 [A]
- the other routers import eBGP routes with a bgp_local_pref of 100 [B]
- my assumption would be that the lower preference route would
   propagated via iBGP, however that is not the case
- the above router also receive the higher preference routes via iBGP

Is the default iBGP behaviour to *not* export routes with lower
preference to other routers? That would explain the behaviour I see.

Best regards,

Nico

--
Sustainable and modern Infrastructures by ungleich.ch