bird2 doesn't negotiate with gobgp over ipv6

Nico Schottelius nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch
Mon May 6 09:41:56 CEST 2024

Vladimir,

I love the direction you are going with cilium and bird. We actually had
cilium on our list for potential CNIs, but hold yourself: had to drop
it, because cilium does NOT work on IPv6 only hosts!

I.e. if the k8s workers are IPv6 only, cilium crashes [0].

In case you make any progress in that direction, I'd love to hear from
you.

BR from Switzerland,

Nico

[0] https://redmine.ungleich.ch/projects/open-infrastructure/wiki/The_ungleich_kubernetes_infrastructure#Cilium-CNI-experimental