Netlink: No route to host

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Oct 4 18:01:27 CEST 2022

On Mon, Oct 03, 2022 at 07:07:58PM +0200, Marek Küthe via Bird-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope this is the right place to ask my question:
>
> I used bird2.0.10 (from debian backports) since some time I get the
> message "Netlink: No route to host", however in the bird log it does
> not specify which host it is. Is there any way to find out?

Hello

This is most likely related to failure to push route to kernel, perhaps
with invalid/strange next hop or iface.

You can enable 'debug all' for kernel protocol. That would at least show
which routes it tries to send.

If you do 'show route', you see '!' for routes that failed to install
into the kernel table.