BIRD Crashes

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Oct 4 17:24:02 CEST 2022

On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 09:13:55AM +0100, Ian Chilton wrote:
> Hi Barry!
>
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2022, at 6:08 PM, Barry O'Donovan (INEX) wrote:
> > As you're running Bird 2.0.8 this should be no longer necessary. Per
> > 2.0.8's release logs:
> > > Version 2.0.8 (2021-03-18)
> > >  o Automatic channel reloads based on RPKI changes
>
> Ah that's interesting! - so you've just removed that cron job on yours and it's all fine? - nothing needed to enable that?
>
> Maybe it's some conflict between doing a manual reload and the newly added automatic stuff that's the issue. The odd thing is, all 3 of our crashes have been on our 'rs1'. Thankfully, but oddly, 'rs2' has been fine, with the exact same config/peers.

Hi

Just a clarification to automatic reload based on RPKI changes - it is
enabled by default (controlled by option 'rpki reload'), but for BGP it
requires 'import table', which is not enabled by default. If you filter
RPKI on pipe from one table to another, you do not need to enable
anything, but if you filter RPKI in BGP import filter, you have to enable
'import table' or do it manually as before.

https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-3.html#proto-rpki-reload

https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-6.html#bgp-import-table