Support of the PREF64 option in RAdv protocol (RFC 8781)

Clemens Schrimpe clemens.schrimpe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 14:33:16 CET 2022

Gentlepople -

> On 22. Nov 2022, at 11:51, Martin Huněk via Bird-users <bird-users at trubka.network.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> It would be great if it were supported. However, it seems that there is no working server-side implementation so far.

We had a functioning test-setup (combo of RFC8781 and RFC8925) at the IETF-115 meeting in London, two weeks ago. I had built it using MikroTik routers, but with a hack. I then opened a ticket with MT to tell them what we did and how and why, etc. and they immediately came back with a "... we could support it this and that way, would that be ok?", which I ACKed, so expect to see it on RouterOS >7.6 sometime "soon-ish" ;-)

Greetings,

	Clemens