Support of the PREF64 option in RAdv protocol (RFC 8781)

Martin Huněk martin.hunek at lbcfree.net
Tue Nov 22 11:51:39 CET 2022

Hi,

It would be great if it were supported. However, it seems that there is no working server-side implementation so far.

I've spoken with Jen Linkova at IETF 113, and she said that there is some WIP in Juniper to add support for that, but I do not know what is current state of things.

There is one workaround from Lorenzo Colitti (I think) that was sent to the v6ops WG mailing list. It was done on OpenWRT by sending otherwise empty RA with only PREF64 information. This way, it was possible to convince Android to detect PREF64 without interfering with IPv6 routing provided by the usual RA daemon.

The proposed standard is the official standard as it is in the Standards track ...

Best Regards,
Martin Hunek