Is BFD extractable from Bird?

Nallan Chakravarthy, Sudarshan Sudarshan.NallanChakravarthy at netapp.com
Tue Nov 15 11:48:45 CET 2022

Hello Bird Team,
I’m Sudarshan, a software developer at NetApp.
I have been using Bird as a peer for testing BGP functionality of NetApp’s Ontap software stack. Thanks to the Bird community!
I looked at Bird’s BFD implementation. Was wondering if it is even plausible to extract only the BFD functionality out of Bird
and use it with our existing BGP implementation. I see that BFD is tightly integrated with Bird’s core software libraries and
so it doesn’t look like a trivial lift and shift. That said, I wanted to check with this group to see if there is a way to do it.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Sudarshan