BIRD 3.0-alpha0

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon May 30 15:53:49 CEST 2022

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 12:07:48PM -0300, Douglas Fischer wrote:
> During your talk(on video) I thought that splitting conf files, mostly
> variables like prefix-list and AS-Path Regex that are unique by each peer,
> cloud be a way to reduce the workload of parsing configs on reconfiguration.
>
> Imagine a file with several prefixes that did not changed since last
> reconfiguration... Why spent clocks re-parsing it?
> Maybe keeping the already parsed files with a stamp of "this was good last
> time was checked".

Hi

I think it is an interesting idea and i am glad you shared it. It would
be tedious to implement it with the current parsing code (as it would
have to be implemented separately for all config structures), but if we
ever replace the parser with some more generic code, then it would be
nice feature to add.