Way to store ROA info so we can accept but view?

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Sat May 28 16:34:57 CEST 2022

Hello!

> So, the questions here is:
>
> 1) My understanding of the way RPKI-RTR works is that it's basically
> handed a tuple of prefix and AS, and RTR says "valid", "invalid", or
> "unknown".  It feels like to check for AS 0 ROAs, we'd basically have to
> do two lookups for each route that's otherwise invalid, which feels
> inefficient.  Is there a better way?

Probably not. Anyway, there are some plans to look into roa check
efficiency, there are also going to be some aspa / as cones checks and
more so we have to make it fast.

> 2) Can the output of "show route" be extended to include user defined
> fields, or are we locked into what's there?
>
> 3) If not, we're limited to adding communities or MEDs or local prefs or
> something like that, which is a hack, but at least gives us some info we
> can view.  Is that a dangerous trade off?

You can declare and use your own route attributes exactly for this:
https://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&v=20&f=bird-3.html#opt-attribute

Maria