[RFC] Automatic MP peering with IPv6 link local peers

Hugo Slabbert hugo.slabbert at menlosecurity.com
Fri Jul 15 17:27:41 CEST 2022

We did similar at a previous gig, though the switches did not support BGP
unnumbered so there was an initial DHCP bootstrap to hit a couple of
microservices to retrieve identity info (upsert local server's ASN;
retrieve switch peer ASNs), but then turned up peering and off you go.

But I digress:
It would be fantastic if BIRD could support interface-specified unnumbered
BGP over IPv6 LL with an RA bootstrap and 5549-based 4-over-6.