[RFC] Automatic MP peering with IPv6 link local peers

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 23:38:42 CEST 2022

This thread reminded me of something I saw these days about using BGP
unnumbered in Hypervisors for EVPN/VXLAN.

I confess that I was completely stunned to see how beautiful it was!

- The 4 ports of each Server became a CLOS L3 topology.
- The complexities of Multichassis-LAG no longer exist.
- The establishment of neighborhoods was almost automatic.
- And the ToR switches became only simple L3 routers, without even knowing
of the existence of Overlay. Which made them much cheaper and simpler to
operate.

--
Douglas Fernando Fischer
Engº de Controle e Automação