Bird Interference with systemd-networkd

Marvin Gaube lists at marvingaube.de
Fri May 28 08:05:08 CEST 2021

Hi,
on one of my systems, I'm migrating from ifupdown2 to systemd-networkd.
The scenario is an wireguard-overlay running OSPF and BGP using bird
2.0.7, and the underlay/public network interface being configured using
DHCP and SLAAC.

During the setup, I ran into problems with systemd-networkd, which
changed the interface state into "Could not set NDisc route: Connection
timed out" and loosing the Default WAN Route some time after bird
installed the routes.

This seems like a problem on a netlink-level etc. - likely on the
networkd side, but I wonder if someone on this list had a similar problem.

Bugreport and Discussion is ongoing over at systemd github:

Thanks!
Marvin