Importing (and then exporting) stubnet routes

George Ross gdmr at inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 13:49:38 CEST 2021

I'm sure I've seen something like this discussed recently, but I can't find
it in the mailing list archives, so apologies if I'm duplicating something.

Router A defines some OSPF stubnets.  Those are happily propagated to our
other OSPF routers.  What I can't get to work, though, is to import them
from OSPF into BIRD, so that I can then export them to BGP, even using
"all" as the import filter.

I can add them as direct routes and then export those, but that somehow
doesn't feel right.  And on router B I can import them from OSPF and then
export from there, but then we would end up with asymmetric paths which
would break connection-tracking.

Suggestions, pointers, explanations gratefully received!

Thanks.  2.0.8, in case it matters.

--
George D M Ross MSc PhD CEng MBCS CITP
University of Edinburgh, School of Informatics,

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.