changing BGP default bgp_local_pref resets protocol

Ross Tajvar ross at tajvar.io
Sun Jul 25 08:47:55 CEST 2021

Hi,

When I change the "default bgp_local_pref" value for a bgp protocol, it
causes the session to drop and re-establish. Here is an example config:

protocol bgp bgp_transit_companyname_v6 {
>     ipv6 {
>         import table;
>         import keep filtered;
>         import filter bgp_in_transit_companyname;
>         export filter bgp_out_transit_companyname;
>     };
>     local as MY_AS;
>     neighbor 2001:db8::1 as 64496;
>     default bgp_local_pref 45;
> }

Is this supposed to happen? Is there a way to get it not to happen? I would
expect this change to simply change the local preference on all of the
routes I have received, which would be much less disruptive.

Thanks,
Ross