Bird Debian Repository: v2.0.8

Kees Meijs | Nefos kees at nefos.nl
Thu Jul 1 09:31:18 CEST 2021

Hi Marvin,

The version in Debian Backports is 2.0.7 as a result of the version in
Bullseye (testing) being 2.0.7. It's frozen awaiting release so it
cannot "just" be bumped to 2.0.8 I'm afraid.

I guess it makes sense to report the RPKI bug
(https://bugs.debian.org/bird2) so hopefully the patch available in
2.0.8 can be either backported to 2.0.7 or if that's not feasible,
there's enough reason for 2.0.8 after all.

So in terms of help: please report the bug (and maybe others) about the
official Debian package. Or even better: accompany the report with the
backported fix as a patch.

Cheers,
Kees