Linux PBR and RIP

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sun Feb 14 07:23:18 CET 2021

Hi,

I'm facing a problem where RIP (v2) isn't originating a default route if
it's not in the (kernel) table that RIP is using.

The system itself is using Policy Based Routing and does have a default
route in a different (kernel) table.  PBR is searching multiple (kernel)
tables in succession.

Is there a way that I can have BIRD v2 originate a default route that
doesn't exist in the (kernel) table that RIP is connected to?

Or am I facing needing another (BIRD) table that has the main kernel
table and a static default route piped into so that RIP sees the default
that the kernel isn't using?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die