bird-2.0.8 in Debian experimental

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Mon Aug 23 13:08:27 CEST 2021

Hello Community,

I've finally managed to upload bird2-2.0.8 into Debian experimental \o/

If you're waiting for official Debian BIRD packages, please consider
testing the experimental version and letting me know whether it worked
for you as expected.

tl;dr HOWTO test on Debian unstable (sid):

echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian experimental main" >>
/etc/apt/sources.list
apt update
apt -t experimental install bird2
# TEST ALL THE THINGS

As I'm new to BIRD Debian packaging, I've also CCd the friendly Debian
Developer Marco who offered help - if he or anyone else with Debian
knowledge could validate my BIRD package changes, that would be great:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/bird2/-/commits/experimental

I've also enabled Salsa CI which is currently red only due to an
unrelated lintian/debhelper issue #992469.

If all is good, I'd like to submit 2.0.8 for unstable/testing and
perhaps bullseye-backports eventually.

Cheers,
Jakub Ružička
CZ.NIC packager 📦