BIRD 2.0.8

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Fri Apr 9 12:02:01 CEST 2021

Hey Kees,

thanks for your kind words, I'm happy to help!

I've tired to contact Ondřej several times with varying degrees of
success - he seems very busy so I'm dropping him from CC. I haven't
contacted others, yet. I'll focus on taking over Debian package
maintenance as soon as bird-2.0.8 is available from upstream repos.

The repo you link is the official source of bird2 Debian packaging which
I forked from because I don't have control yet (I think) and also it's
Debian freeze so I'm not sure I should update debian/master as it can't
reach bullseye. I'll figure that  out eventually and let you know.

Finally, backports are on my mid-term TODO when I get more confident
with my Debian-fu. I'm not familiar with Fasttrack at all.

It's preferable to have up-to-date packages available directly from
downstream repos without the need to fiddle with external repos, but
that isn't always possible in reality and that's where upstream repos
come in.

BTW backports still require modifying system sources.list like adding
external repo - is it a big difference to use OBS (or any other
upstream) instead of debian backports one (for the time being)? 🤔

Cheers,
Jakub Ružička