BGP strict bind socket error

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Jan 23 17:21:00 CET 2020

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 01:57:19AM +0100, Alexander Zubkov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Check the attached patches. The first adds option to sockets to use
> nonlocal bind (IP_FREEBIND in Linux) and the second adds bgp option to
> use such sockets ("nonlocal bind yes|no"). Some additional thoughts:
> - probably the option could be implemented for any protocol, not only for bgp
> - it can be also considered to enable nonlocal bind for all bgp
> unconditionally, at least I see no obvious problems yet

Hi

Is there a reason for such option? Is there a downside of using it always?

One minor nitpick is that sysdep/unix/io.c should not use non-portable
syscalls/sockopts directly, they should be defined as functions in
sysdep/X/sysio.h (with implementations for Linux and BSD) and such
function called from sysdep/unix/io.c code.