BGP strict bind socket error

Alexander Zubkov green at qrator.net
Wed Jan 15 01:57:19 CET 2020

Hi,

Check the attached patches. The first adds option to sockets to use
nonlocal bind (IP_FREEBIND in Linux) and the second adds bgp option to
use such sockets ("nonlocal bind yes|no"). Some additional thoughts:
- probably the option could be implemented for any protocol, not only for bgp
- I think it is better to check if this option is changed during
reconfiguration, so to reload protocol in a hard way
- did not check how it works with bfd enabled, maybe it will need to
inherit this socket option from bgp somehow
- it can be also considered to enable nonlocal bind for all bgp
unconditionally, at least I see no obvious problems yet

What do you think?