Status of implementing multicast routing

Bernd Naumann bena at spreadshirt.net
Thu Aug 6 12:31:56 CEST 2020

On 05.08.20 17:44, Matt wrote:
> I didn’t think bird did any of this. A few years ago I was trying to roll
> my own multicast stack based on open source tools - there wasn’t much then
> - though I just tried to do a search and found this:
> https://github.com/troglobit/pimd
>
> AND it was updated 15 days ago - hope this helps.
>

> On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 8:35 AM Blažej Krajňák <krajnak at levonet.sk> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was unable to find more details. Is there any plan to implement
>> multicast routing (SSM, DNS support)?

Hi *,

Using `pimd` is the path FRR and therefor Cumulus Linux has taken too to
get multicast routing.

Maybe you/others find additional pieces of information on
https://docs.cumulusnetworks.com/cumulus-linux-42/Layer-3/Protocol-Independent-Multicast-PIM/
and http://docs.frrouting.org/en/latest/pim.html

Bernd