Configuration help to split the knowledge

Mattia Milani mattia.milani at studenti.unitn.it
Fri Jun 28 18:42:36 CEST 2019

Hello bird community, I have a little problem with some configuration files
in Bird 2.0

The protocol I use is BGP

I have a star network with 5 nodes, one in the center with the 4 edges.
It's something like this (I'm not sure you will see it correctly):

      H1

H2--H0--H3

      H4

Now H1,H2,H3, and H4 will share a network, a basic /24 network, and H0
should share them with these rules:
If the network comes from H2 I share it with H1 and the opposite
If the network comes from H3 I share it with H4 and the opposite

For this reason, I created this configuration for the H1-H0 link:

protocol bgp h_0_h_1 {
    local 10.0.0.1 as 1;
    neighbor 10.0.0.2 as 2;
    ipv4{
        import filter bgp_in;
        export where proto = "h_0_h_2";
    };
    direct;
}

Obviously, the protocol "h_0_h_2" is the protocol between H0 and H2 that is
the same with little differences in addresses and in the export, where
proto = "h_0_h_1".

I don't think this is the correct way to handle this situation, could you
please suggest any other configurations?

Thanks a lot for the help,
Mattia

--
Mattia Milani