Full (regression) test suite?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Apr 30 14:38:26 CEST 2019

On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 10:53:44PM +0200, Robert Scheck wrote:
> Hello Ondrej,
> hello Maria,
>
> On Fri, 26 Apr 2019, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> > The suite of basic unit tests can be run by 'make test'.
>
> that one fails for BIRD 2.0.4 on RHEL/CentOS 7 on ppc64 (big endian) like
> this:
>
> [...]
> obj/lib/fletcher16_test: t_fletcher16_compute    [FAIL]
> obj/lib/fletcher16_test: t_fletcher16_checksum   [FAIL]
> obj/lib/fletcher16_test                          [FAIL]
>
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/1532/34501532/build.log for
> build logs. https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=34501529 in
> case you would like to compare output of different architectures.
>
> And: It also fails on Fedora 31 on s390x in the same way like for ppc64.
>
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/1613/34501613/build.log and
> https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=34501608 for details.
>
> Just let me know if I can be helpful somehow in tracking them down, even my
> gdb knowledge is quite limited.

Hi

Seems like you compile it with your CFLAGS. There are compiler options
which we expect there to be: -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-overflow

Although it probably is not relevant to this test, BIRD should always be
build with these.

Also, could you try run the test manually:

  ./obj/lib/fletcher16_test -vv

?

It is possible that it is just a bug in the test, we should add there
some explicit test vectors instead of comparison with straightforward
implementation.

Also, if you could add these options (which we usually use):

 -Wno-parentheses -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-missing-field-initializers

It would eliminate plenty of irrelevant build warnings.