Learning BIRD source

Brian Topping brian.topping at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 15:03:38 CEST 2019

> On Apr 14, 2019, at 11:07 PM, Maria Matějka <jan.matejka at nic.cz> wrote:
>
> And couldn't you just share what IDE you are trying to setup with BIRD and what exact problems you have? It should take me less time helping you setup BIRD in that specific IDE than merging CMake, not even counting your time needed for the rewrite.

Indeed, I was trying to avoid creating work for others. It’s with CLion. The problem is the symbol tracing and syntax highlighting, it’s clear that the headers and sources are not being read correctly. As I mentioned, I built the sources cleanly with Autotools and then imported the project. It generates CMakeLists.txt, but they are incorrect (even though this often works). I’m open to using other IDEs that work out of the box, I simply have a license for CLion.

Anyone can get a 30 day license for CLion when it opens, just download the enterprise version and use it. Also, open source contributors can get a free license that can only be used for open source projects.

> What I'm trying to say – let's first try to find a quick and easy way to fix your problem before doing a project-wide change.

Yes, I agree that would be a more appropriate first step, much appreciated. I just typically assume the best way to get something done is to not expect someone to be there to help. So maybe I went too far with that this time :)

Brian