For developer, required some explanation on code with timer and BGP

Mattia Milani mattia.milani at studenti.unitn.it
Sat Apr 6 14:26:58 CEST 2019

> The even better and correct way would be to implement it one more level
> before
> when prefixes (in struct bgp_prefix) are dispatched for struct bgp_bucket.
> There could be timestamps in struct bgp_prefix, separate queue for
> bgp_buckets that contain only postponed bgp_prefixes, and list of recently
> sent but not yet collected bgp_prefixes to keep their timestamps. But that
> would be significantly more work.

Hello, sorry if I resume this old thread.
I would like to implement the MRAI timer in this better and correct way in
the latest version and in the end maybe do a pull request.
First of all, which version would you suggest to download? from the git
repo i see a lot of branches, I thought to work from the master branch, but
i don't know if it's the best choice for this purpose.
Second, could you please explain much deeper this correct approach? I'm not
scared by the dimension of the work, but I want to understand it correctly
to do it in the right way.

Thanks,
Mattia