BFD session support over vlan tagged interfaces on linux.

Rohit Gujrati gujrati.rohit86 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 16:31:49 CEST 2019

Simplified Topology:
I have got 2 linux boxes connected back to back. I am running bird 2.0.2 on
both only for bfd sessions.

int 1/1 (with ip 1.0.0.0.1/16) of linux1 is connected to int 1/2(with ip
1.0.0.2/16) of linux2

after configuring the bird.conf files I can see that bfd sessions are up.

now if I create vlan interface on the these interfaces, and try creating
bfd session over the vlan tagged interface,  it doesnot work. can someone
please help if I am any special configuration to indicate the vlan tagging
or this scenario is not supported as of now.

This scenario can be considered same as having bfd sessions over SVI
interfaces (in terms of cisco terminology).
--
Thanks,
Rohit.