OSPF socket error on "bge0" invalid argument

Olivier Cochard-Labbé olivier at cochard.me
Sat Jan 14 10:56:42 CET 2017

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 2:00 AM, David S. <david at zeromail.us> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have trouble to establish ospf on BIRD 1.6.3 using FreeBSD 11 amd64,
> here is my topology and BIRD configuration:

​Hi,

FreeBSD's official bird port version is 1.6.0: If you are using bird 1.6.3,
this mean you're using your own upgraded version of bird.
But take care to use the UDP RAW socket bird patch from the FreeBSD port
[2] if you are running FreeBSD 11.
Meanwhile you can try this bird port patch [3] that upgrade FreeBSD port
from 1.6.0 to 1.6.3: It's fix your problem.
And I've proposed a push [4] for including this patch to bird code.

Sorry for didn't react more rapidly,

Olivier

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/SOCK_RAW
[2]