Bird - hardware, vm.

Martin Huněk martin.hunek at lbcfree.net
Fri Dec 8 12:15:43 CET 2017

Hi,

everybody does have a favorite distro, it is always about what works best for
you. What I know, the developers of the bird are using Debian and Fedora (and
are providing packages for them directly). It is advisable to use distro with
longer release cycle for production and with shorter one for testing. But
basically you can use any of your favorite distro, just make sure that there
is a repo with current version of bird for it.

As for your 3rd question, I don't have any experience running bird in VM.
Maybe there is someone in the list whom would have such experience, but
personally, I think that it is better to run it on hardware. It is just one
thing less to worry about - at least if you don't have some HA for your VMs
(in that case it might work for you).

Martin