OSPF "hack translation" sought

Clemens Schrimpe clemens.schrimpe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:46:55 CEST 2016

Gentlepeople -

I was wondering what the "translation" of the usual hack on Quagga/JunOS/etc. for OSPF into a proper BIRD config was to allow OSPF to propagate routes to directly connected networks, which are not really part of an OSPF area. In those other systems I would make those interfaces just "passive" members, but BIRD doesn't know "passive interfaces". Making them stubs has obvious other side effects, which is why I just want the "passive" hack to work under BIRD.

So what's the equivalent to do this in BIRD?

Thanks,

	Clemens Schrimpe