Babel in Bird 1.6.0 (documentation)

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Sat Apr 30 17:55:57 CEST 2016

Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 04:15:46PM +0200, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> writes:
>>
>> > Ah, I thought that this "interface" statement was specific to Babel, but
>> > it's actually defined for all protocols.  The syntax seems fairly complex:
>> >
>> >   http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&f=bird-3.html#ss3.3
>> >
>> > IP prefixes are allowed for OSPF, which explains the error message.
>>
>> Ah, right. Well, seems Babel wasn't mentioned in that part of the doc
>> either. Putting that on my list of small fixes ;)
>
> Since you mention documentation, I see a couple of changes you can
> make:

Cool, thanks. Will try to sort something out.

In the meantime, there are fixes for most of the other issues in the
babel-fixes branch here: https://github.com/tohojo/bird

Only compile-tested; care to try them? I'll probably redo the parsing
error fix to actually consider those as retractions; but it should not
complain any more at least...

-Toke