Bird 1.5.0: protocol 'direct' looses routes

Andrew nitr0 at seti.kr.ua
Wed Jun 17 12:25:28 CEST 2015

17.06.2015 13:09, Ondrej Zajicek пишет:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:11:22PM +0300, Andrew wrote:
>> Also, with 1.5.0 I have long OSPF initialization (near 2 minutes - 1.4.5 and
>> quagga starts much faster). I have OSPF debug log; should I attach it to
>> mail (does mailing list supports attaches), or should I send it to your
>> personal mail?
> The mailing list accepts attachments, you could send logs there. Also it
> would be useful to attach your OSPF configuration. Or you could send it
> directly to my personal mail, if you want.
>
> In 1.5.0 there are changes in OSPF initialization, it is much faster in
> my test setup but it is possible that there might be some issues in some
> border cases. Unfortunately, OSPF initialization is just loosely
> specified by RFC 2328 and there are plenty of unspecified details.
>
> I wonder if others have some negative or positive experience with OSPF
> initialization (neighbor establishment) in 1.5.0 compared to previous
> versions.

Ok, log is in attach.

Config is trivial:

protocol ospf ospf_ua {
     import all;

     area 0.0.0.0 {
         networks {
             192.168.255.64/27;
         };
         interface "vlan1" {
             cost 5;
             type broadcast;
             hello 10;
             retransmit 5;
             wait 40;
             dead count 4;
             authentication none;
             stub no;
         };
         interface "*" {
             stub yes;
         };
     };
}

 From other side, other server with bird-1.5.0 today fetches routes in
less than minute. Config is almost same (except it has more
areas/ifaces, and has enabled ecmp):

protocol ospf ospf_mix {
     import all;
     export filter export_OSPF;