BGP Path manipulation

Dominik Bay db at rrbone.net
Thu Jul 2 14:37:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm working on a Enterprise-network merger where I have to temporarily
workaround an AS-Path issue and need to clean the path.

I want to use the Filter language for that,
http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&f=bird-5.html

For example on those AS-Path:

10.0.0.0/8
65500 65500 65500

192.168.0.0/16
65500

172.16.22.0/24
65500 65122 65100

I want to apply this function:

filter bgp_cut_path ()
{
if p.first == 65500 && p.last != 65500 { delete(P, 65500) } then return;
}

which doesn't touch the first two, but removes 65500 from the third.

Is this possible? Am I on the right way? :-)

Thanks

-dominik

--
rrbone UG (haftungsbeschraenkt) - Leibnizstr. 8a - 44147 Dortmund
HR B 23168 Amtsgericht Dortmund - Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dominik Bay