OSPFv2 causes AXUPD link destruction

Gustavo Ponza g.ponza at tin.it
Tue Jan 28 19:03:59 CET 2014

Hi all,

coming back to the 'bird' operation on my hamradio site after two
years, or perhaps more, I noted that the actual bird version(s) and
including the today 'git' version cause the destruction of AXUDP
links of another hamradio application (XNET) which is running on
the same 'linux box'. No problem at all with the very fisrt 1.3.x
BIRD releases in the same identical situation.

I'm running the OSPFv2 by using the following configuration:

protocol ospf {
         tick 2;
#       rfc1583compat yes;
         area 0.0.0.254 {
                 stub no;
                 networks {
                         44.208.0.0/16;
                         44.134.32.0/24;
                         44.134.33.0/24;
                         10.0.0.0/8;
                 };
                 interface "ax0" {
                         stub;
                 };
                 interface "ax1" {
                         stub;
                 };
                 interface "sl0" {
                         stub;
                 };
                 interface "tun0" {
                         stub;
                 };
                 interface "ppp0" {
                         type ptp;
                 };
                 interface "tap0" {
                         type broadcast;
                 };
                 interface "eth*" {
                        type broadcast;
                 };
         };
}

Now, my XNET application, apart the AXUDP links towards other
XNET or similar nodes, is liked to the linux 'slip' sl0' interface (SDEV0)
and to the AX25 'ax0' interface (SDEV1).

SDEV0   : SLIP Driver: 38400 Baud
SDEV1   : KISS Driver: 38400 Baud

However the OSPFv2 (and probably the RIPv2 not yet running here)
seems to run OK on its routing task.

gus i0ojj