New release 1.4.0
feela at network.cz
Mon Nov 25 15:34:38 CET 2013
Hi Bird users,
a premature Christmas gift is here. We have a new version of your
popular routing daemon. Since this version could potentially break
some of you current installation and since it adds a new protocol -
BFD, this version has number 1.4.0. The branch 1.4.0 is meant to be
stable for production environment.
Version 1.4.0 (2013-11-25)
o BFD protocol (RFC 5880).
o BFD support for OSPF and BGP.
o New 'allow local as' option for BGP.
o Filters allows setting gw, ifname and ifindex.
o Filter operator 'delete/filter' extended to bgp_paths.
o Filter operator 'len' extended to [e]clists.
o BIRD client now allows shorthands for noninteractive commands.
o Flag -P for PID file support.
o Flag -f added to force BIRD to run in foreground.
o Protocol exp/imp/recv limits are checked during reconfiguration
o Several bugfixes and minor improvements.
o Several minor but incompatible changes:
- IBGP is multihop by default.
- Changes primary address selection on BSD to the first one.
- Integers in filters are handled as unsigned.
- ISO 8601 time formats used by default.
- Import of device routes from kernel protocol allowed.
- Last state change now tracks just protocol state change.
- Minor changes to default router ID calculation.
More information about the Bird-users