Configuration Problem : announce default route via ospf

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jan 15 00:46:46 CET 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:12:30PM +0100, RR wrote:
>> Your config would not work if there is already one default route in OSPF domain,
>> it would be imported to main routing table and blocks exporting the default
>> route from kernel protocol (because of higher default priority of OSPF routes),
>> but this you could see in 'show route'.
> Ah that's the point. I've already got a default route announced by
> another route, but this is what I want.
> In my setup I want both router advertise the default and play on metric.
>
> bird> show route
> 0.0.0.0/0          via 192.168.0.1 on vr0 [ospf1 21:09] * E2 (150/15/80)
>                    via 81.220.124.1 on vr1 [kernel1 21:09] (10)

> So what your advise ? Can I filter the default advertise by another
> router ? play with metric ?

Not with metric but with preference. The OSPF route has preference 150
while the kernel route has preference 10. Use option 'preference' in
kernel protocol to set higher value (like 200) for imported kernel
routes. Or you could use static protocol to define default route
(static protocol has default preference 200).