Configuration Problem : announce default route via ospf

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Jan 14 14:05:22 CET 2013

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 05:07:46PM +0100, Raphael Mazelier wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm a new user of bird. I'm using quagga or openospdf in production for
> time (also cisco and junos).
> Bird have an excellent reputation and a small footprint.
> I m trying to replace my old quagga on embedded box (running openwrt)
> with bird.
> The configuration look very flexible but I'm facing with a problem. What
> I try to make is announcing a default route in ospf,
> and also set some specific metric. I'm lost with that.

Hello

I don't see any problem, your config works for me (without the obvious
typo of missing semicolon in filter export_OSPF), default route is exported
in both 1.3.9 and 1.3.6 (default route could be seen in both 'show ospf state'
and 'show ospf lsadb').

There were some bugs in pre-1.3.9 that causes default route to disappear
or does not allow to export routes to OSPF, but they were all related
to configurations with multiple areas.

Your config would not work if there is already one default route in OSPF domain,
it would be imported to main routing table and blocks exporting the default
route from kernel protocol (because of higher default priority of OSPF routes),
but this you could see in 'show route'.

You could try to change export in OSPF to 'export all', try to replace
kernel default route with static default route, or you could change area
in OSPF to 0.0.0.0 (backbone) to see what your problem is related to.