Receiving routes with own AS?

Timo Schoeler timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
Sun Jun 24 22:39:39 CEST 2012

On 06/24/2012 10:36 PM, Tom van Leeuwen wrote:
> That sounds very logical. The only way around this is iBGP or a new
> AS number?

Cisco-speak is 'allow-as in' for this. I don't know if they use some
more sophisticated logic to prevent loops, though. What I did see during
the last months was that OpenBSD's bgpd also didn't (or still doesn't?)
provide this feature, but can be patched. People asked for it (no link
handy right now). quagga also supports it, so there is source code
available to see how to tweak bird, I guess.

HTH,

Timo