advertising peer PPP addresses

Timur Irmatov irmatov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:33:11 CET 2011

Hi!

We have a test setup with Debian Linux server running Bird. This
server also acts as PPPoE server. We have OSPF running between Bird
and Cisco router. But Bird is not advertising PPP peer's IP address to
that Cisco router. Any hints? Here is our config file:

# This pseudo-protocol watches all interface up/down events.
protocol device {
	import all;
        scan time 10;           # Scan interfaces every 10 seconds
}

# This pseudo-protocol performs synchronization between BIRD's routing
# tables and the kernel. If your kernel supports multiple routing
tables
# (as Linux 2.2.x does), you can run multiple instances of the kernel
# protocol and synchronize different kernel tables with different BIRD
tables.
protocol kernel {
#       learn;                  # Learn all alien routes from the
kernel
        persist;                # Don't remove routes on bird shutdown
        scan time 20;           # Scan kernel routing table every 20
seconds
        import all;            # Default is import all
        export all;             # Default is export none
#       kernel table 5;         # Kernel table to synchronize with
(default: main)
}

protocol ospf one {
        export all;