Problem with redistribute static routes from venet (openvz pseudointerface)

Łukasz Chrustek lukasz at chrustek.net
Sat Mar 26 12:13:53 CET 2011

Hello,

>> I'm sorry, my mistake. Redistribution static routes into ospf works, I
>> can see them on other routers. Still is problem with vanished routes
>> 'via venet0' after ip add. I can see routes via venet0 in

> I am not sure what routes do you mean, the same routes that you
> add to the static protocol (they should be exported to the
> kernel table)? Or some other, not yet mentioned ones?

Routes which I have added to protocol static are redistributed and
works fine, but all other routes (I added 3 ips to static from all 8
ips configured by host system) dissapered. Now I need to check if it
is openvz issue or bird issue.

> BTW, it seems to me that openvz is doing some crazy network setup on
> host system, perhaps the best way to handle that is to fix openvz
> to have proper network config on its venet iface (like one ptp
> address per one host).

Yes... It is more adequate solution, but... in quagga it works without
need to change anything in openvz or quagga code. I will try to patch
sysdep/linux/netlink/netlink.c, as You wrote earlier. I write about
the result.

--
Regards,
 Łukasz Chrustek