Problem with redistribute static routes from venet (openvz pseudointerface)

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Mar 23 10:56:03 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 12:31:18AM +0100, Łukasz Chrustek wrote:
> > but I can't see them in ospf on other routers (It looks like they are
> > not imported to ospf - it may be my wrong configuration, see bellow)
>
> I'm sorry, my mistake. Redistribution static routes into ospf works, I
> can see them on other routers. Still is problem with vanished routes
> 'via venet0' after ip add. I can see routes via venet0 in

I am not sure what routes do you mean, the same routes that you
add to the static protocol (they should be exported to the
kernel table)? Or some other, not yet mentioned ones?

BTW, it seems to me that openvz is doing some crazy network setup on
host system, perhaps the best way to handle that is to fix openvz
to have proper network config on its venet iface (like one ptp
address per one host).