Open socket on OSPF Stub interfaces

Neil Wilson neil at brightbox.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 16:20:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

Is there a way of turning off the socket listen for OSPF interfaces
marked as 'stub'?

At the moment I'm running up against the 1024 open file limit on servers
(such as VM hosts) with lots of interfaces.

I could alter the ulimit but it seems a bit of a waste to have all those
open sockets doing nothing. Could the code be altered to open the socket
if the interface is reconfigured away from being a stub, or is there
another reason for the listen being there on stub interfaces?

Rgs

Neil